School for the Arts Community Organization
2018-2019 Back to School Checklist
Let’s make 2018-2019 a great year at SRCSA! Here are some suggestions of things to do during the months of August and September that will help support the students and teachers at SRCSA.
- Donate to SEED. The Student Education Enhancement Drive begins August 10 and runs through September 28. The purpose of SEED is to raise money for art supplies and equipment for in-class arts instruction plus special arts-related equipment and other items that benefit all students. Families are asked to contribute $100 per student.
- Complete your family’s Campus Directory form. Each year, SACO publishes a Campus Directory so that members of our school community can arrange play dates, parties, study groups, carpooling, etc. Participation is 100% optional but the directory is a great resource for building community.
- Attend the first SACO meeting in August. This year, SACO meetings will be held once a month on Wednesday evenings. Mark your calendar and plan on attending on Wednesday, August 22 at 6:30PM in the MPR. We will provide an overview of the year ahead highlighting volunteer opportunities and special projects. We are also interested in your input on new projects that may be undertaken this year in support of our school’s mission to provide arts integrated education.
- Attend Back to School Night. Back to School Night, held on Tuesday, September 11, is an opportunity for parents/guardians to hear from the principal and your student’s teacher, and to learn more about your student’s classroom and how you can help.
- Each family is required to volunteer 20 hours per year at SRCSA. August and September Volunteer Opportunities will be announced soon. Need help making a volunteer plan? Contact SACO’s Volunteer Coordinators at email@example.com. Every family is asked to log 20 volunteer hours online at www.srsaco.org.
- Easy Fundraising Opportunities. More information about these ongoing fundraising activities will be provided in SACO’s weekly emails.
- Sign up for Escrip at escrip.com. SRCSA’s group number is 500021406. If you shop at Oliver’s or Lucky, our school will receive a percentage of your purchases. See the Escrip site for more details.
- Collect Box Tops for Education. These labels are on various food items. Box Tops are turned into your students’ classroom.
- Mighty Nest. This company donates 15% of your purchases of eco-friendly items for your home and/or body to our school. schools.MightyNest.com
- This free app turns pictures of your everyday shopping receipts into cash donations for SRCSA. www.shoparoo.com
- Amazon Smiles will donate to our school. Search for “School for the Arts Community Organization.” https://smile.amazon.com/
- Consider joining the Art Walk and Halloween Committees. Art Walk is SRCSA’s biggest annual fundraiser and has become a fun-filled day for the kids. The Halloween Carnival is a fun, free event that transforms part of the campus into an old fashioned school carnival. Both events happen in October, take a lot of work to plan, and require lots of volunteer power to be successful. Attend the Halloween Planning Kick Off Meeting and/or the Art Walk Planning Kick Off Meeting. Date TBA.
- Mark your calendar with key dates. Each year, SACO publishes an annual calendar that includes school dates, SACO dates, and other items that can be planned ahead! The school website (www.srcsa.org) also has a calendar with additional dates. These go-to resources are always available to make sure you know what’s happening when.
July 21, 2018