Really appreciate the positive community energy at today’s ice cream social! Parent volunteers served ice cream and handed out an information packet to attendees that will be sent home within the first two weeks of school… check out the “Forms and Flyers” link if you would like, or expect some paper soon. The Sonoma County Bicycle Coalition, our school’s aftercare program, and the restorative justice specialist were also present.
It was great to see so many teachers handing out class lists and meeting students. One of the joys specific to our K-8 school is being able to see friendly eighth graders selling Narwhal spirit gear while simultaneously witnessing adorable incoming kindergartners check out the playground equipment with their parents.
If you couldn’t attend the ice cream social, here are some key info points:
- School starts at 8:05 AM on Wednesday 8/15 and ends at 1:20 PM for all students. Arrive early because you will need to park in the surrounding neighborhood and walk your student onto campus.
- Need a student planner? You can buy one during the first week of school for $5.
- The closed Facebook group for SRCSA parents is a great place to get copies of class supply lists. If you’re not a member, just fill out the short questionnaire and we’ll add you.
- Please fill out the Family Directory Form to be part of it AND to make sure you receive weekly emails from SACO.
- Like “School for the Arts Community Organization” on Facebook for other updates.
- Class assignments were printed on last year’s final report card. Ms. Cookman is teaching homeroom for those sixth grade students with “TBD” on their final report card and Ms. Bearden is teaching 7th grade homeroom. If you’re not sure who your teacher is, contact the school office on Monday.
- Middle school electives will be announced the first week of school.
- The principal sent out the first email of the school year. Completing your school paperwork (to be distributed Wednesday, or already distributed to kindergarten families today) is the best way to get added to the school’s email list.
It’s SEED season! Please consider making your SEED donation ASAP to help fund our classrooms. The forms are on this web page under “Forms and Flyers.” Or, check out the DONATE button for online payments by credit card.